[Gluster-users] Peer list question

B.K.Raghuram bkrram at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 06:34:47 UTC 2013

I am trying to get the list of peers in the pool using the --xml
output of the gluster peer status command. I would like to get the
list of the current host where the command is being run as well, if it
is part of the pool. Is there any way of doing this?

Since gluster peer status does not give me the current host, I tried
running the command using --remote-host on one of the peer nodes to
confirm that the current host is part of the pool.

The problem I am seeing is this. I am using hostnames to add peers
into the pool and the output of gluster peer status reflects this.
However, the output of the --remote-host peer status gives the name of
the current host in the form of an IP address. Why this discrepancy?