[Gluster-users] metadata for stat : Should it be identical?

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 20:36:18 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Anand Avati <avati at gluster.org> wrote:
> This is a known behavior - when a server goes down, files can witness a
> changed mtime (but I don't think that is what the original post was about).
Well, now I know about it too. Thanks for the discussion.

> We could provide a new feature/enhancement to keep mtimes in sync with
> explicit utimes() call per-write() - but that might be too expensive for
> most users.
I would think this is a bug, but then again it depends on the
application. For some users it isn't, for others it might be. Maybe it
shouldn't be a bug, but at least a configurable mount option or
gluster volume option.

Not high on my wishlist though.

Thanks for starting this thread Jay.

Cheers!