[Gluster-users] Separate Replication Traffic from Production Traffic

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 17:59:44 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 16:13 +0200, Jan Pages wrote:
> Hi Gluster-Users,
>
> I read that with GlusterFS you can separate the replication traffic
> from the production LAN.
You can do it with separate "lan" and "gluster" interfaces, using
routing if you want. I'm not sure there's a huge win in doing this. I
think you'll need to elaborate your use case. Since gluster doesn't
currently support Kerberos [1], you should make sure you're mounting on
trusted clients in a trusted zone anyways. If you really want to go down
this path anyways, I recommend using shorewall. If you need more
information, I can elaborate.

HTH,
James

[1] I'm pretty sure this doesn't really exist yet.