[Gluster-users] Xenserver Gluster Storage Repository Question

Scot Hollingsworth scoth at rcsd.ms
Tue Oct 22 20:58:17 UTC 2013

Hi.

I've been working with gluster for about a week now.  So far, I can see myself moving off my existing Redhat GFS cluster for gluster.  I'm doing some testing and don't completely understand the client side yet.   Let me explain.   I have two servers both have a brick with 275GB of storage.  Gluster is setup and replicating the files to each node.  I mounted the volume on node1.  I setup a Xenserver and connected to node1.  Creating VMs using the gluster SR on node1 is working.  However, I only see 275GB available on the SR.   Is this because I have volume mounted on a server node?  Should I have a separate client that mounts the volume?  From what I understand the client will still mount 1 server.  I do have a few more servers I can add to my gluster.  Before I continue with my setup, I am curious will the Xenserver only see how available storage on the node that it connects to.   I guess I was thinking I would see a volume that has the combined storage capacity not just one disk.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks.

Scot Hollingsworth

--
The mission of the Rankin County School District is to prepare every
student with the cognitive and social skills necessary to be productive

solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action
based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the
sender if you believe you have received this email in error.