[Gluster-users] NFS client side - ls command giving input/output error

Rahul51 S rahul51.s at tcs.com
Tue Oct 8 09:22:07 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I have created a distributed volume on one server which is also a DHCP
server
I am booting  another blade which gets its kernel image from the DHCP
server via the NFS mount which is a gluter distributed volumed

This volume is successfully getting NFS mounted on the client side, I can
even do cd to the directories contained in the NFS mount, touch, cat and
cp operations on a file in the NFS mount, but when I give ls command on
the NFS mount, it gives "input/error " on the shell. When I try to copy a
directory from the NFS mount, it gives the same error again.
It seems that it is facing issues reading the directory contents. I think
permission access is not an issue because it is rw for the NFS mount and I
am working as a root user.

Could you please shed some light on this

Regards
Rahul Shrivastava
and any attachments. Thank you