[Gluster-users] GlusterFS as underlying Replicated Disk for App Server

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 18:12:24 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Dan Hawker <danhawker at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The Linux team here use GlusterFS to host and replicate their Puppet
> infrastructure between the datacentres. They like and understand it, and say
> it's got good performance, so we were wondering if we could also leverage
> Gluster for the persistent data stores that can't be DB hosted.
>
> Wondered if anyone has tried this kind of thing with Weblogic or any other
> JEE app server before, and if it is feasible. We'll obviously test this
> extensively, but before we do spend time and resource, we're just after some
> degree of confidence that it may work at all.

I would expect it to work, but as you mention, testing is key.
Since you also mentioned that your team is comfortable with puppet,
you might want to have a look at puppet-gluster [1] to get yourself up
and running with a quick test setup.
Disclaimer: I'm the puppet-gluster author.

HTH,
James

[1] https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster