[Gluster-users] new to gluster, is this possible?

Jeff McKeon jeff.mckeon at ashcortechnologies.com
Mon Oct 7 14:20:06 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I'm completely new to gluster and want to know if what I'm thinking of
using it for is possible.

I've got a mail server (iRedMail to be exact) on a OpenSUSE 12.3 that
stores all mail data in /data.

I would like to put up a clone of this server and, using gluster, create
a master-master replication scheme of the /data directory on both so
that I have a hot standby should server A go down.

A) is this a legitimate use of Gluster
B) If A, is there some documentation I can be pointed to to sort it out?

--
Best Regards,

Jeff