[Gluster-users] Using gluster with ipv6

Markus Ueberall Markus.Ueberall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 06:28:58 UTC 2013

Am 30.09.2013 16:24, schrieb Mickaël Villers:
> Hi,
Hi,

> I'm starting to use gluster version debian/unstable 3.4.0-4
> but I need use ipv6 in my network, but just can't setup glusterfs for.
>
> I tried configuring IPv6 or DNS (only resolving at IPv6), got errors in both case.

I also need IPv6 support (AFAIK it's not possible to use a server whose
IPv4 address might change which would require repeated DNS
lookups[*])--however, as a quick workaround, using stunnel comes to
mind, which lets you specify a local IPv4 address and in turn will
connect to the real IPv6 address through a tunnel.
Alternatively, ssh/netcat might both be worth a look (the latter should
allow to turn off encryption if two-factor authentication is not needed
and you want to get rid of the "encryption overhead").

[*] that scenario can be addressed by re-establishing the aforementioned
tunnel whenever the IP address changes

Kind regards, Markus