[Gluster-users] Managing volumes is unreliable

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Wed Oct 2 12:35:48 UTC 2013

On 10/02/2013 06:57 AM, Heggland, Christian wrote:
> Unsure if its recommended but you could try and do the following if
> the set command stops adding / removing settings:
>
> 1. Stop the volume 2. Edit the config file for that volume on each
> node ( /var/lib/glusterd/vols ) 3. Start the volume again.
>
> I've had to do this in order to update the access list since the set
> command stopped working.

Definitely not recommended.  Any changes you make that way are likely to
be overwritten the next time the standard management mechanisms are used
(including at system startup).

There is apparently a bug in the glusterd connection code.  We need to
concentrate on fixing that, and then see where things stand.