[Gluster-users] Unable to get any gluster information.

Bobby Jacob bobby.jacob at alshaya.com
Wed Nov 27 07:37:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm running GlusterFS 3.3.2 on Centos 6.4. There seems to be some issue with one of my gluster servers. GFS001 and GFS002 are the 2 servers. Please see below results.

GFS001 > gluster volume info
ERROR: failed to create logfile "/var/log/glusterfs/cli.log" (Read-only file system)
ERROR: failed to open logfile /var/log/glusterfs/cli.log

GFS001 > gluster volume  sftpvol start force
ERROR: failed to create logfile "/var/log/glusterfs/cli.log" (Read-only file system)
ERROR: failed to open logfile /var/log/glusterfs/cli.log

GFS002 > gluster volume status
gluster volume status
Status of volume: sftpvol
Gluster process                                                      Port                 Online    Pid
Brick GFS001:/mnt/sftpbrick                            24009                N             N/A
Brick GFS002/mnt/sftpbrick                             24009                Y             1352
NFS Server on localhost                                     38467                Y             1358
Self-heal Daemon on localhost                         N/A                  Y             1364
NFS Server on 172.16.95.165                            38467                N             N/A
Self-heal Daemon on 172.16.95.165               N/A                  N             N/A

What is the cause of this issue.? How can I resolve it.

Thanks & Regards,
Bobby Jacob