[Gluster-users] Can't get gluster to mount on boot

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 18:12:02 UTC 2013

I've just been pointed at a possible solution to a problem I've mentioned on here several times over the last couple of years - that I've been totally unable to make gluster auto-mount on boot.

The closest I've got has been by using autofs to mount an NFS volume, however, its won't work if the gluster server is local because it spots that you're mounting from localhost and does a local bind mount instead, completely bypassing gluster and thus not working. The trick is that autofs.master supports a 'nobind' option that tells it specifically not to do that. Unfortunately that option was only introduced in autofs 5.0.6 and I'm currently stuck on 5.0.4 (on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) so as yet I've not been able to try this, but hope springs eternal...

I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

In other news I have a couple of servers for sale that I thought might interest gluster users: http://info.smartmessages.net/servers-for-sale/

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon