[Gluster-users] GlusterFS Management tools

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 21:52:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Knut Moe <kmoe66 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
You've come to the right place.

> I am reviewing distributed storage solutions for a client and was wondering
> what GUI/Web tools are available out there for configuring, managing and
> monitoring GlusterFS clusters?
The way to manage GlusterFS is to use puppet-gluster [1] or manually
by command line. There is also ovirt integration, but I've never used it.
I strongly recommend puppet-gluster, but I'm biased because I'm the author.
[1] https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster

> Also, how does GlusterFS stack up against solutions like Ceph and Hadoop?
I like GlusterFS. I'm not going to bash anything else that isn't
proprietary storage. You can google to find comparisons. The lack of a
SPOF metadata server is one nice element of GlusterFS.

> Thanks for any input you may have on this.

Cheers,
James