[Gluster-users] Sync data

shwetha spandura at redhat.com
Fri Nov 22 12:17:40 UTC 2013

Hi Raphael,

Following are the steps to be followed to sync data from node1 to node2
assuming node1 has the data.

1. gluster peer probe node1

2. gluster volume create gv0 replica 2 node1:/data node2:/data

3. gluster volume start gv0

4. gluster volume set gv0 cluster.read-subvolume gv0-client-0

5. Create a fuse mount from the client node to the volume : mount -t
glusterfs node1:/gv0 /mnt/gv0

6. From client node : cd /mnt/gv0 ;  find . | xargs stat

This should self-heal all your data from node1 to node2.

Once the self-heal is complete reset the "cluster.read-subvolume" volume
option.

7. gluster volume reset gv0 cluster.read-subvolume

8. Unmount the mount point and remount for using it again.

Regards
-Shwetha