[Gluster-users] Can I setup multiple volume from single GlusterFS pool?

Xiao Bin XB Zhang xbinzh at cn.ibm.com
Tue Nov 19 03:46:22 UTC 2013

Hey,

I have a user case that need multiple volume, like one volume for image,
another volume for virtual machine files, and another volume for backup

Is it possible for me to setup such 3 different volumes within single
GlusterFS pool? say I have 6 physical nodes, and each with 1 big raw disk(I
can format,
create File system, and mount somewhere, setup GlusterFS service as a
single big pool)

Many thanks!

Xiaobin Zhang(张小斌)
Cloud Solutions and OpenStack Development
IBM China System and Technology Lab, Beijing
E-mail: xbinzh at cn.ibm.com
Mobile : 86-13910156791
Address: Building 28(Ring Building), ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
         No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing P.R.China
100193