[Gluster-users] Question about the behavior of Gluster regarding fencing a failed node

Xiao Bin XB Zhang xbinzh at cn.ibm.com
Tue Nov 19 03:42:01 UTC 2013

Hey,

I am a new babies of Gluster, and found it is very useful, and many
production usage.

When setup our Gluster for some customer engagement project, a problem
rising:

Suppose that I setup my Gluster with Strip + Replica 2 on my 4 physical
nodes,

so I got replica setup with 2 nodes each.

At this moment, one of node failed, thus cause replica as 2 broken,

at this situation, what's the right behavior of Gluster? will it just use 1
remaining replica node
to serve the service? or will it try to find another node to re-setup 2
replica nodes?

Thanks!

Xiaobin Zhang(张小斌)
Cloud Solutions and OpenStack Development
IBM China System and Technology Lab, Beijing
E-mail: xbinzh at cn.ibm.com
Mobile : 86-13910156791
Address: Building 28(Ring Building), ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
         No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing P.R.China
100193