[Gluster-users] Failed rebalance resulting in major problems

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 21:10:01 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Shawn Heisey <gluster at elyograg.org> wrote:
> The iptables firewall and selinux are disabled on every host.

Not that it's relevant to your problem, but you probably shouldn't do
either of these things. Selinux hasn't (to my knowledge) ever
interfered with my clusters, and nor has firewalling if it's setup
correctly. Since it can be annoying to whitelist all the firewall
ports, and since they change, puppet-gluster [1], [2] can manage this
aspect for you.

[1] https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster
[2] https://forge.gluster.org/puppet-gluster