[Gluster-users] Problem with glusterd init.d stop

Emir Imamagic eimamagi at srce.hr
Mon Nov 11 12:57:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

since I have a specific situation I need to kill only daemons that
belong to a specific glusterd and not all of them.

I patched the glusterd init.d script so that it can stop all services.
Two variables can be defined in /etc/sysconfig/glusterd:
VOL_FILE = location of volume file
STOP_VOLUME = if set glusterd script will stop all glusterfs (NFS) and
glusterfsd processes started by this glusterd (based on pids in working
directory)
If these variables are not defined init.d script will behave in the same
way as it does now.

Modified script can be found here:
  http://kosjenka.srce.hr/~eimamagi/glusterd

Cheers,
emir

On 11.11.2013. 12:34, Emir Imamagic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was just thinking of doing something similar on my cluster. Thanks for
> the patch.
>
> Cheers
> emir
>
> On 11.11.2013. 12:24, Heiko L. wrote:
>>

>>> Is there some other mechanism to gracefully stop all daemons started by
>>> a given glusterd?
>>

>> On my Testbed (glusterfs-nfs, solaris) i use following patch:
>>
>> $ diff 130517.glusterfs-3.3.1.rcfile_sol.glusterd
>> 130526.glusterfs-3.3.1.rcfile_sol.glusterd
>> 52a53,56
>>>        ## kill glusterfsd glusterfs
>>>         for pid in `ps -ef | grep /usr/local/sbin/gluster | grep -v
>>> grep | grep -v "$0" | awk '{print $2}'`; do
>>>          echo "kill $pid"; kill -15 $pid
>>>         done
>>

>> Heiko
>>
>> [1]