[Gluster-users] Problem with glusterd init.d stop

Xavier Hernandez xhernandez at datalab.es
Mon Nov 11 09:55:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

the glusterfs process is the responsible of managing a mount point and
it is started by the mount operation, not by the glusterd daemon. A
glusterfs process will be started for each mount of the volume and it
will be stopped once the volume is umounted.

The glusterfsd processes are the responsible of managing the bricks of a
volume. They are started when the volume is started (this can happen
when the glusterd daemon starts if the volume was already marked as
started or when a 'gluster volume <volname> start' is executed). They
are stopped when the volume is stopped or a 'glusterfsd stop' is executed.

To manually stop all gluster processes, you should do this:

1. Umount the volume
2. Execute 'gluster volume <volname> stop' or '/etc/init.d/glusterfsd stop'
3. Execute '/etc/init.d/glusterd stop'

Note that if you stop the volume with 'gluster volume <volname> stop',
it won't automatically start when glusterd is started again, a manual
'gluster volume <volname> start' will be needed. However a 'glusterfsd
stop' will kill all glusterfsd processes from all volumes.

Best regards,

Xavi

El 11/11/13 10:15, Emir Imamagic ha escrit: