[Gluster-users] Failed rebalance resulting in major problems

Justin Dossey jbd at podomatic.com
Wed Nov 6 20:57:17 UTC 2013

Joe,

You're right-- I probably should have dialed it back a bit! It's
frustrating sometimes when I post about such a major issue and never see
any reply.

In my case, I run into gfid bugs regularly, almost always in situations
where I have copied an entire directory tree into a GlusterFS mount.  There
have been no connectivity issues between nodes, no node restarts, etc, for
months, but once in a while, I get a gfid mismatch and must manually
correct the situation.

I would certainly purchase GlusterFS support if I had any option other than
Red Hat-- they only support Red Hat Storage and that isn't a good fit for
my environment at this time.  If GlusterFS is successful the way it could
be, there will definitely be an opportunity for a firm to support it on
non-RedHat platforms.

FWIW, I've created a Github repo to store my scripts for navigating
GlusterFS issues.  If they remain relevant and the repo gets activity, I'll
go to Gluster Forge.  https://github.com/justindossey/gluster-scripts

Justin Dossey
CTO, PodOmatic