[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.4 Fuse client Performace

Jung Young Seok jung.youngseok at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 08:12:42 UTC 2013

Thank you guys for the response.

I've configured 2(replica) x 2 (distributed) gluster node now. The reason
why I tested with 1 node is that I wanted to check primitive performance
for 1 node. We wanna make subscription with RedHat but Red branch here is
not supporting GlusterFS yet. So I'm asking you guys...

Anyway..
I've check it larger block size using dd and iozone. (I used 4096 before)
When it comes to 8192 byte or bigger as block size(record), the performance
get much better like 80MB/s.

So now I'm looking for* how to increase block size when JAVA app writes on
file*.  I've tried to increase write buffer size but it didn't make any
change.

I wonder if it's possible to adjust write block size for Java application.
(like I did with dd tool adjusting block size..)
Is there any option on java platform? or Is there any way to adjust write
block size for java app?

If you have any suggestion, it will be very thankful.

Regards,
Youngseok Jung