[Gluster-users] gluster-deploy tool updated

Paul Cuzner pcuzner at redhat.com
Fri Nov 1 19:54:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

Just to let you know that I've updated the deploy tool (aka setup wizard), to include the creation/tuning of the 1st volume.

Here's the changelog info;

- Added optparse module for command line arguments. Added -n to bypass accesskey checking
- Added password check code to RequestHandler class, and updated js to use xml and ajax request
- Added globals module to share config across modules
- http server default 'run' method overridden to enable it to be stopped (e.g. when error met)
- added ability to create a volume after bricks are defined, and apply use case tuning/settings
- some minor UI fixes
- added initial error page
- Added help page showing mount option syntax for smb,nfs and native client
- css split to place theme type elements in the same file, so people can play with skinning the interface

If your interested there is a screenshots directory in the archive, so you can have a look through that to get a feel for the 'workflow'.

There's still a heap of changes needed for real world deployments - but it makes my life easier when testing things out ;o)

Cheers,

Paul C