[Gluster-users] Asynchronous Replication.

Bobby Jacob bobby.jacob at alshaya.com
Tue May 21 09:54:47 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I'm currently testing GFS on a geographically distributed environment.

Our scenario:

                We have 2 Datacenters: Kuwait/Dubai. I have build test
servers in both the locations. My glusterFS volume looks like this:

                                Volume Name: cloudgfs

Type: Replicate

Volume ID: 3e002989-6c9f-4f83-9bd5-c8a3442d8721

Number of Bricks: 1 x 4 = 4

Transport-type: tcp

Bricks:

Brick1: KWTTESTGSNODE001:/mnt/cloudbrick

Brick2: KWTTESTGSNODE002:/mnt/cloudbrick

Brick3: DXBTESTGSNODE001:/mnt/cloudbrick

Brick4: DXBTESTGSNODE002:/mnt/cloudbrick

As you see it's a basic replicated volume. This volume is mounted on 2
applications servers: 1in Kuwait/1 in Dubai. This volume will act as a cloud
based file share for users.

The replication is synchronous. Any idea how we can make the replication
asynchronous. Any feedback on how we can make the setup more rigid.

Thanks & Regards,

Bobby Jacob

Senior Technical Support Engineer | eGroup

M.H. Alshaya Co. W.L.L.