[Gluster-users] Gluster Swift Integration

Kaleb KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu May 30 08:19:49 UTC 2013

On 05/30/2013 01:04 PM, Xing Yang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at the following web site about gluster swift integration:
>
> http://gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Arch/Understanding_Swift_Integration
>
> It says Swift 1.4.8 is the version used to develop the gluster plugin
> for GlusterFS 3.3 and expect future versions of GlusterFS to be based on
> upcoming releases of Swift.  Does GlusterFS 3.4 work with a newer
> version of swift, i.e., 1.8.0?

If you're using Fedora 18, UFO uses Swift 1.7.6 (Folsom).

If you're using an earlier release of Fedora or RHEL, CentOS, etc., and
using the Gluster.Org YUM repo at
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.3/3.3.1/ YUM repo
(or the old http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/kkeithle/glusterfs/ YUM
repo), UFO also uses Swift 1.7.6

If you're using Fedora 19 or you're using the 3.4.0 alpha or beta
releases from
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/qa-releases/ on Fedora
or EPEL (RHEL, CentOS, etc), UFO uses Swift 1.8.0.

AFAIK, the official Gluster PPA for Ubuntu does not have UFO packages.

Finally, if you build Gluster4Swift (UFO) from source — from the
gluster-swift git repo at git.gluster.org — this is currently based on
Swift 1.8.0 too.

--

Kaleb