[Gluster-users] gluster volume create failure

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Tue May 14 20:31:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thanks.

I think im sticking to using '/export/lvmvolumename/' as the
mountpoint, and a subdir 'brick' in that for glusterfs:
/export/glusterfslv1/brick

This has the same advantage as you mention, and tells me what lvm2
volumes are part of the gluster volume. I think im not going to use
numbers like 'brick1' 'brick2' in the directory structure: 'gluster
volume info' also talks about brick numbers in its output, whicj can
be confusing and lead to stuff like this :

 gluster volume info

Volume Name: glustervol01
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 96e28207-aaa0-4a33-9973-7021790f1f93
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: 192.168.126.128:/export/brick2/dir
Brick2: 192.168.126.129:/export/brick3/dir

Thanks,

Regards,

John Smith