[Gluster-users] How many subfolders in parent folders ?

alain meunier deco33 at hotmail.fr
Thu May 9 08:09:37 UTC 2013

Hello !

Many thanks for thoses answsers.

My concern is
1) that it is easy to create a path using c++ without waiting lots of seconds.
2) fast to retrieve a data with a known path

Ideally, I should be able to make a "ls /examplefolder/a/b/c/.../9/myfile.txt" in only a second maximum.

I don't care to find a file, nor to layout it. I just want that a known path goes straight to the goal for the asked file as fast as possible.

Do you think I am misleading myself at some point ?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Alain