[Gluster-users] How many subfolders in parent folders ?

alain meunier deco33 at hotmail.fr
Tue May 7 15:15:19 UTC 2013

Hello,

I will have a lot (many hundreds of millions) of subdirectories inside a directory, named with md5 hashes.

I thought of a subdividivision abcd/efgh/... or maybe a/b/c/...

But it will create a bunch of subfolders.

Will gluster handler those files without problems ?
One last thing : hardlinks will be involved to point the files and often deleted.

Does someone has any experience of the troubleshooting I will have to face ?

Many Thanks,

regards

alain