[Gluster-users] Writing to the data brick path instead of fuse mount?

Pranith Kumar K pkarampu at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 05:33:04 UTC 2013

On 03/20/2013 10:13 AM, Ziemowit Pierzycki wrote:
> So I noticed if I create files in the data brick path, the files
> travel to the other hosts too.  Can I use the data brick path instead
> of using a fuse mount instead.  I'm running two machines with two
> replicas.  What happens if I do stripes?  Some machines are clients as
> well as servers.  Thanks!

Ziemowit Pierzycki,
       The behaviour you are observing is added to handle the following
corner use case:
In case of split-brain/gfid mismatch of a file, if a file is deleted on
one of the bricks the file is replicated to the other machine.
That said Adding data to backend directly will disable the ability of
replication to decide which copy of the file is good vs bad when the
file needs to be self-healed. So please use fuse mount data path.

Pranith