[Gluster-users] split brain recovery 3.3.0

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 13:37:09 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

We have detected a split-brain on 3.3.0 stripped replicated 8 nodes cluster.
We've followed the instructions from:
http://www.gluster.org/2012/07/fixing-split-brain-with-glusterfs-3-3/
and we've manually recovered the information.

The problem is that we've got 4 gluster native clients and from 2 of them
we got
0-storage-replicate-3: failed to open as split brain seen, returning EIO
but from 2 of them we can access the recovered file.

We're this information locally storage on clients so we can "update" all of
them and recover the information in a "coherent" manner?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Samuel.