[Gluster-users] Four 900GB SAS, JBOD or RAID0?

Derrick Lin klin938 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 00:33:35 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

We are running a small compute cluster with 18 hosts, each has six 900GB
SAS, we use two drives in RAID1 for OS. So there still have four free
drives.

I am planning to deploy a GlusterFS from the remaining SAS drives on each
node. The storage will be used mainly as the scratch space of the running
genome analysis (big data).

Since the scratch space is for temporary processing data, so we want it to
be fast and as big as possible.

So any recommendation for configuring these drives to be used by Gluster?
The RAID controller can do RAID0, RAID1, JBOD and just leave them as
individual disks.

Thanks
Derrick