[Gluster-users] File size in brick

kenji kondo kkay.jp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 14:55:32 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm using a stripe volume with 9 bricks. I have a question about file size
in bricks.
After copy a file of 700GB into the stripe volume, I checked the file size
by using "du" and/or "ls -ls" command.
But file size increase up to about 5TB. Also I checked the file size in
brick. Those file sizes was about 5TB / 9 brick for each brick.
In my understanding, the sparse file are created by glusterfsd with XFS
file system. So I expected that the actual file size shall be 700 GB / 9
because file in brick has any holes according to 'stripe-block-size'. But
it seems not correct.

This fact is not happy for me because actual available total size decrease.
But I feel something wrong for this fact.
Is this stripe volume normally working? Or I mistook something about
setting?

Best regards,
K. Kondo