[Gluster-users] would enabling profiling at all times be okay?

Todd Stansell todd at stansell.org
Sun Jun 23 15:22:40 UTC 2013

Does anyone know if enabling profiling all the time is okay to do?  I'm
worried that the accounting pieces might cause increased memory usage over
time or some other issues.

I was hoping to enable that to be able to track performance over time with our
monitoring software.  My plan was to run gluster volume profile info every
couple of minutes and track the latency and bytes read/written for the
interval for each brick.

Does anyone currently do this? or know of a reason why it would be a bad idea?

Thanks,
Todd