[Gluster-users] 40 gig ethernet

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Fri Jun 21 12:18:11 UTC 2013

On 21 Jun 2013, at 14:00, Shawn Nock <nock at nocko.se> wrote:

> I had to keep a stock of spares in-house until I migrated to 3ware (now
> LSI). I haven't had any trouble with these cards in several years (and
> haven't needed to RMA or contact support).

I've got a 3Ware ​9650SE-8LPML SATA RAID controller that's been a bit troublesome. It was working fine but died on a scheduled reboot, in such a way that even the BIOS wouldn't POST! 3Ware were good about replacing it, but the replacement they sent was DOA, the second one worked ok. I still find reboots on this machine very stressful!

And why do makers of RAID cards make it so hard to update firmware? They persist in requiring DOS, Java or even Windows, I almost always have to resort to some unsupported hack in order to get updates done on Linux.

Marcus