[Gluster-users] Create a volume with one brick

Bryan Whitehead driver at megahappy.net
Tue Jul 30 18:20:24 UTC 2013

This is done all the time for testing and it is really easy.

install the RPM's, start up the glusterd service.

1) make a directory for gluster to use. Never touch anything in this directory.
mkdir /var/gluster

2) create your volume
gluster volume create MyVolume localhost:/var/gluster
gluster volume start MyVolume

3) mount with fuse to another directory
mkdir /a
mount.glusterfs localhost:MyVolume /a

When you write files to /a the files will get written to the brick
which is /var/gluster in this example.

You now have a test. Enjoy.