[Gluster-users] Status of the SAMBA module

RAGHAVENDRA TALUR raghavendra.talur at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 06:25:39 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for showing interest in this feature.

We are actively working on this and recently fixed a few bugs. We are
testing the patches and they will be upstream after that.(estimating it to
be fairly tested in 2 weeks).

Here is a quick overview of the new integration method

 ----------------------
 Windows Client
 ----------------------
 ----------------------
   SAMBA (version 3.6)
VFS PLUGIN (it a samba vfs plugin, samba allows you to write plugin which
becomes recipient for calls which were originally supposed to go to VFS
layer. It is activated on per-share basis.)
   GFAPI
 ---------------------
----------------------
GLUSTERFSD
 ---------------------

 Legend:
-------: Boundaries of a box/node
 ||     : Network path
V     : Data transfer in both direction in same box

Change regarding usage is you need to have gluster shares defined in
smb.conf in this way.
*The entry should look like*
*[gluster-volname]*
*comment = For samba export of volume <volname>*
*vfs objects = glusterfs*
*glusterfs:volume = <volname>*
*path = /*
*read only =no*
*guest ok = yes*

We will upload the detailed user-guide and other documentation soon.

Thanks
Raghavendra Talur

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 7:13 AM, haiwei.xie-soulinfo <
haiwei.xie at soulinfo.com> wrote:

> When do this new feature will be released?
>
> Thanks,
> terrs
>
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:57:18 +0200
> Tamas Papp <tompos at martos.bme.hu> wrote:
>
> > On 07/24/2013 09:41 PM, John Mark Walker wrote:
> > > It enables Samba to connect via libgfapi to Gluster volumes, thus
> giving SMB clients a way of
> > > easily connecting to GlusterFS.
> > >
> > > I've CC'd Chris Hertel, who should be able to direct you to the right
> area.
> >
> > I'm also interested very much.
> >
> > Chris, could you send the information to the list?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > tamas
>

> --
> 谢海威