[Gluster-users] NFS client blocking reboot

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 12:52:19 UTC 2013

This is a silly chicken-and-egg problem. I've found when I issue a reboot on a server that's mounted its own gluster volume via NFS (with the 'hard' option set), it stops gluster before unmounting volumes. This causes the NFS client to hang waiting for a response from the gluster server (which will never happen because it's stopped), blocking the reboot, leaving the server hanging indefinitely. The only way out seems to be to power-cycle the server.

How is this supposed to work? Is there some way of scheduling unmounts before killing gluster?

Marcus