[Gluster-users] SELF HEAL - GlusterFSD service.

Scottix scottix at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 18:27:39 UTC 2013

I'm not sure there was ever a bug reported.
I was testing a 2 machine cluster with replica 2 and I was doing a simple
write then power failed one. The other machine took over and I brought the
one back up and it caused split-brain. I looked at the code and found
self-heal was not activating correctly. I looked at the 3.3.2qa2 (at the
time) and saw the code was changed. I switched to the 3.3.2qa2 code and
never had that issue again.

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Joe Julian <joe at julianfamily.org> wrote:

>  On 07/19/2013 02:12 PM, Scottix wrote:
>
> "Automatic" Self Heal does not work well on 3.3.1 you will need to move to
> 3.3.2 there are a lot of updates to it.
>
> What bugzilla reports are you referring to?
>

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/18/2013 05:11 PM, Bobby Jacob wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> GlusterFSD service is running on all the bricks. But self heal is not
>>> happening. I restart glusterd service, still nothing.
>>>

>>  How are you determining that self heal is not happening? What does
>> gluster volume status list when self heal is not happening?
>>

>>> When I do “service glusterfsd restart”. The services stops but doesn’t
>>> start. Once I restart the server, the self heal resumes. PLEASE ADVICE>
>>>

>>  Have you attempted "gluster volume start force" to restart services that
>> are not active?
>>
>> -Vijay

Follow Me: @Scottix <http://www.twitter.com/scottix>
http://about.me/scottix