[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.3.2 NFS & flock

Adrian Fita adrian.fita at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 17:51:28 UTC 2013

Hello.

I have gluster 3.3.2-ubuntu1~precise1 running on Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
(Precise).

I mount a gluster volume via NFS with the following mount options:
"defaults,nfsvers=3,proto=tcp". (I figured it might be better to mount via
NFS to take advantage of the caching in the NFS client, the files being
used for read 90% of the time.)

I noticed that in php applications, the flock function gives "-1 EACCES
(Permission denied)". The behaviour is that it blocks in flock about 2
minutes, after which it times out and continues. If I mount with
"defaults,nfsvers=3,proto=tcp,nolock", php flock function is working fast
again.

I have the rpcbind, rpc.statd running on the NFS client.

Questions:
1. Does the NFS server from gluster not support flock? Should I use the
nolock mount option?
2. Should I mount the volume via the FUSE glusterfs client instead?

Thanks.
--
Fita Adrian