[Gluster-users] How do I rotate **all** the Gluster logs?

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Jul 19 16:47:16 UTC 2013

On 07/19/2013 04:38 PM, Greg Scott wrote:
> I know I can do:
>
> gluster log rotate <volume name>
>
> and I see how that rotates log files in /var/log/glusterfs/bricks.  This
> is good.  But there’s another log file, /var/log/glusterfs/<volume
> name>.log and that one doesn’t seem to rotate.    There are also a bunch
> of others in that directory and I don’t see any evidence the above
> command makes them rotate.

The log file which did not get rotated should be the one associated with
a client.

The appropriate mechanism to do log rotation would be to use logrotate
command with the config file available at /etc/logrotate.d/glusterfs.
This mechanism rotates log files of all glusterfs processes.The log
rotate <volname> command will be deprecated in a  future release.

-Vijay