[Gluster-users] One node goes offline, the other node can't see the replicated volume anymore

Greg Scott GregScott at infrasupport.com
Thu Jul 18 05:00:50 UTC 2013

Still not out of the woods.  I can get everything mounted on both nodes with my systemd service hack.  But now I’m back to the original problem.  Well, sort of.  Here is the scenario.

My Gluster volume named /firewall-scripts is mounted on both fw1 and fw2.  Trying to simulate a cable issue, on fw1, I do:

ifdown enp5s4

And now all access to my /firewall-scripts volume on fw1 goes away.  Fw2 can see it after more than the mystical 42 seconds.  When I do

ifup enp4s4

I still can’t see my /firewall-scripts volume on fw1 and it is no longer mounted.  Not quite one minute later, my volume is mounted again and life goes on.

If that 42 second timeout is settable, how do I set it for a better number for my application?  The Gluster/Heartbeat network in this case will just be a cable connecting the two nodes.

Thanks

-          Greg