[Gluster-users] GlusterFS 3.4.0 and 3.3.2 released!

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 18:30:25 UTC 2013

On 07/16/2013 06:18 PM, Jon Tegner wrote:
> Great!
>
> Much appreciated!
>
> Two (stupid) questions:
>
> 1. Which of these two releases would work "best" using RDMA?

3.4.0 rdma code is much different from 3.3.0. 3.4 makes use of rdma
connection manager and we would like to make that implementation more
mature. Testing is what will help us get there and if you plan to run
tests with RDMA, I would prefer that 3.4 be used.

> 2. In release Notes for 3.4.0 it is stated that ext4-issue has been
> addressed - does this mean that it is safe to use ext4 with later
> kernels now?

There are no known problems with ext4 and 3.4.0, even with newer kernels.

Regards,
Vijay