[Gluster-users] hanging of mounted filesystem (3.3.1)

Michael Colonno mcolonno at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 31 23:54:22 UTC 2013

            Updating this thread: I tried to switch over to NFS mounting.
When I try to mount the volume with the following line in fstab:

            node1:/Volume          /tmp/mnt                    nfs
defaults,_netdev,vers=3 0 0

            I get:

            mount.nfs: mounting node1:/Volume failed, reason given by
server:

      No such file or directory

            It seems from the documentation that the mount folder is
supposed to be the gluster volume name. I also assume I don't need an
exports entry since there is nothing in the documentation about this and the
volume options seem to indicate that My gluster volume itself seems to start
and stop without any issue but can't seem to mount via any method(?)
Hopefully I am just doing something simple wrong in config; I have tried to
meticulously follow the admin guide. For reference here is my volume info:

Volume Name: Volume

Type: Distributed-Replicate

Volume ID: 409d4096-feda-4b5f-b01b-3383d39af1c6

Number of Bricks: 4 x 2 = 8

Transport-type: tcp,rdma

Bricks:

Brick1: node1:/volume