[Gluster-users] hanging of mounted filesystem (3.3.1)

Michael Colonno mike at hpccloudsolutions.com
Thu Jan 31 17:20:47 UTC 2013

	Hi All ~

	I created an eight-brick gluster 3.3.1 volume (2x replication) on
eight CentOS 6.3 x64 systems. I was able to form and start the volume
without issue. I was also able to mount it through /etc/fstab as a native
glusterfs mount. I have a couple questions issues at this point:

	- On a client machine, "glusterfs" is not recognized as a valid type
unless gluster-server is installed. This seems to contradict the
documentation - wanted to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. More a
clarification than issue here.

	- The glusterfs process is taking between 50% and 80% CPU on both
the brick and client systems (these are fairly powerful, brand new servers).

	- No doubt linked to the above, the mounted filesystem hangs
indefinitely when accessed. I tried an "ls -a" on the mounted filesystem,
for example, which hangs forever. I tested this by mounting a brick system
to itself and to a client which is not a brick and the same behavior was
observed. Both were glusterfs mounts.

	There is nothing special about my deployment except for the use of
transport = tcp,rdma. I am running on Ethernet now but will be migrating to
Infiniband after this is debugged.

	Thanks for any advice,
	~Mike C.