[Gluster-users] Data migration and rebalance

F. Ozbek ozbek at gmx.com
Tue Jan 22 13:37:03 UTC 2013

On 01/20/2013 11:17 AM, Brian Candler wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 04:04:43PM -0500, Jeff Darcy wrote:
>> On 01/19/2013 01:43 PM, F. Ozbek wrote:
>>> try moosefs. http://www.moosefs.org/
>>>
>>> we tried both gluster and ceph, they both failed in many ways.
>>> moosefs passed the same tests with flying colors.
>>>
>>> moose is your friend.
>>
>> Don't you think it's rather bad form to come on a mailing list for
>> one project and recommend a competitor based on FUD?
>
> To me it sounds to me like he's suggesting an alternative based on actual
> testing and real-world experience.  Or are you saying he has an undisclosed
> connection to the moosefs project?  I googled "ozbek moosefs" and got no
> hits.

Brian,

You are correct. I am suggesting an alternative based on actual testing.
We have been testing glusterfs , ceph and moosefs for the last 3 months.
These tests are not scientific tests however we tried to be as uniform
and methodical as possible.

We have no connection to moosefs other than possibly using their product
in the future.

My initial post to Jon's email from November was to offer him an alternative
to glusterfs which is what he was asking.

I am surprised at Jeff's responses. What happened to freedom speech?
I can't say we tested 3 products and 2 failed and one passed our tests?

Thanks
Fevzi O. Ozbek