[Gluster-users] Data migration and rebalance

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Sat Jan 19 21:04:43 UTC 2013

On 01/19/2013 01:43 PM, F. Ozbek wrote:
> try moosefs. http://www.moosefs.org/
>
> we tried both gluster and ceph, they both failed in many ways.
> moosefs passed the same tests with flying colors.
>
> moose is your friend.

Don't you think it's rather bad form to come on a mailing list for one
project and recommend a competitor based on FUD?  I could go on the
MooseFS mailing list to tell all comers how it risks your data by
ignoring O_SYNC, how it's over-the-fence-ware instead of true open
source, how it doesn't have the feature set or extensibility that
GlusterFS does - all actual *facts* BTW - but I'd expect to get thrown
off the list for that and rightly so.  If you want to be constructive,
you could start by identifying the version you used and describing the
problems you saw.  That would be fine.  "We had unspecified problems,
use $otherproject instead" is not fine.  It reflects poorly on both you
and MooseFS that you would resort to such tactics.