[Gluster-users] ownership of link file changed to root:rootafter reboot brick service

huangql huangql at ihep.ac.cn
Wed Jan 16 10:01:33 UTC 2013

Hi Brian,

2013-01-16

huangql

发件人: Brian Candler
发送时间: 2013-01-16  15:32:49
收件人: huangql
抄送: gluster-users
主题: Re: [Gluster-users] ownership of link file changed to root:rootafter reboot brick service

[Aside: please do not cross-post. If you have a problem using glusterfs, and
you are not looking at the source code and proposing a specific path, then
I suggest "glusterfs-users" is the appropriate place]

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 02:53:40PM +0800, huangql wrote:
>           I have encountered a strange problem that the ownership of
>    linkto file was changed to root:root after we reboot server. And I
>    reproduced the problem many times.
Can you show "gluster volume info" output please? Is this a distributed
volume, a replicated volume, or something else?  Are you doing anything else
at the same time, e.g. rebalance?

No, I didn't do anything at the same time. In my scenario, we use distributed volume.

>    For example: ff_2
>    From server side, we have 2 bricks and we can see the ff_2 status:
>
>    brick1:
>
>    -rw-rw-r-- 1 test test  0 Jan 12 11:38 ff_1
>    ---------T 1 test test   0 Jan 13 00:43 ff_2
>
>    brick2:
>
>    -rw-rw-r-- 1 test test 5242880 Jan 12 11:31 f_3
>    -rw-rw-r-- 1 test test 5242880 Jan 12 11:31 f_4
>    -rw-rw-r-- 1 test test 5242880 Jan 13 00:43 ff_2
This seems wrong either way:
* If it's a distributed volume, there should not be ff_2 on both.
* If it's a replicated volume, there should be ff_1, ff_2, f_3 and f_4 on
  both.
On the bricks, please show the xattrs on these files, and also their
parent directories. e.g.
    getfattr -d -m'^trusted\.' /path/to/ff_2
    getfattr -d -m'^trusted\.' /path/to
Somebody on this list may then be able to tell you what state they are in
and how they got into it (but not me I'm afraid, I don't know how the
internals work)
Regards,
Brian.