[Gluster-users] frequent split-brain detected, aborting selfheal; background meta-data self-heal failed

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Jan 8 20:56:50 UTC 2013

On 01/08/2013 09:30 PM, Jeff Darcy wrote:

>> When running this on 2 servers, I can see (successful) self heal kicking in
>> on one of the servers. I didn't test it very intensively - but on the other
>> hand, I *only* see these failing self-heals on directories created
>> automatically, as described above.
>>
>> Does it make any sense?
>
> Not yet, but it looks like an interesting test case.  I'll try to run it on
> some of my own machines and see if I can reproduce it.  Thanks!

Also, what would be the best way to "heal it" manually?

Is something like this acceptable, when issued on both servers (basically, removing that attribute)?

setfattr -x trusted.afr.shared-client-0 /data/gluster/lfd/techstudiolfc/pub
setfattr -x trusted.afr.shared-client-1 /data/gluster/lfd/techstudiolfc/pub

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org