[Gluster-users] glusterfs performance issues

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Tue Jan 8 13:50:25 UTC 2013

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 07:55:41 -0500
Jeff Darcy <jdarcy at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 1/8/13 7:35 AM, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> > In fact I already saw just about every possibility you can think of when
> > accessing files, be it a simple "ls" or writing or reading a file.
>
> Would you mind citing the bug IDs for the problems you found?

Yes, I mind.
The problem with this kind of bugs is that you cannot describe reproduction.
Which makes them pretty useless as bug reports.
They can therefore only contain the information that such situations are seen,
but not much else. And me and others have told that continously over the years
on the lists.
Take 4 physical boxes and check out some damage situations (switch bricks off
and on), you will see the described problems within a day.
You only need bonnie and ls to find out.

Stephan