[Gluster-users] difference between S.O

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Jan 7 09:35:22 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 01:01:20AM -0300, Targino Silveira wrote:
>    I'll start a GlusterFS with two server with Ubuntu 12.04lts, I made
>    some tests and by apt-get I don't get the last version of gluster,  I
>    need to compile it or I can get a .deb to install ?

For Ubuntu 12.04:

apt-get update
apt-get install python-software-properties
add-apt-repository ppa:semiosis/ubuntu-glusterfs-3.3
apt-get update
apt-get install glusterfs-client   # or glusterfs-server

>    Another doubt is that all my servers has Debian Squeeze, and by apt-get
>    the package is more old than Ubuntu, for Debian servers I need only
>    client, some one has some sugestion ?

I don't understand what you're asking.

If you go to www.gluster.org, click on "Download" then "Latest GA version of
GlusterFS", you'll get to
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.3/3.3.1/

By following Debian and squeeze.repo, you'll eventually get to
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.3/3.3.1/Debian/squeeze.repo/pool/main/g/glusterfs/