[Gluster-users] help, glusterfs replica can't handle brick filesystem crash and shutdown

符永涛 yongtaofu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 03:18:32 UTC 2013

Yes the filesystem shutdown cause glusterfs confuse since glusterfsd
is still live for that brick and it tries to retrive file extended
attributes and fails.
When access some of the files from client side "Input output error
occur", the symptom is same as underlying filesystem doesn't support
extended attribute. (For example create a volume on /dev/shm)
However I still hope glusterfs replica to handle this kind if failure
since this is what it supposed to do. (Fault tolerance,for single
hardware failure)

--
符永涛