[Gluster-users] help, glusterfs replica can't handle brick filesystem crash and shutdown

符永涛 yongtaofu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 06:00:43 UTC 2013

Dear gluster experts,

Glusterfs replica is supposed to handle hardware failure of one
brick.(For example power outage etc). However we recently encounter an
issue related to xfs file system crash and shutdown. When it happens
the whole volume dones't work. Some files are inaccessible and even
worse some directories become inaccessible which make thousands of
files missing.
To handle it we have to force shutdown the peer. This solves the
problem but our services are impacted and data loose happens.
Glusterfs replica should be able to handle brick filesystem shutdown
smoothly. What's your opinion to avoid this kind of failure?

--
符永涛